I have a total crush on Scandinavian Christmas decor! The way they use natural organic materials to craft simple yet stunning arrangements throughout their homes. They fill every room with holiday cheer!
Here are 10 ways to get the look for yourself.
1. Hang an evergreen wreath inside your house and the whole house will smell like freshly cut pine.
2. Spray paint a twig wreath white.
3. Hang unadorned mini wreaths on wardrobe doors.
4. Keep it simple! A pine swag tied with jute hangs above a jar filled with evergreen cuttings and a burlap stocking decorates a beautiful Swedish stove.
5. Decorate your bedroom with a bit of Christmas spirit! Wreaths on windows, a few pine boughs on the mantel...
6. Size doesn't matter! Really! Even a small sapling provides as much holiday punch as a large tree.
7. Skip the store bought decorations for a simple, uncluttered theme. Use Make paper garlands to festoon branches or, don't decorate it at all!
8. Banish the fake stuff! Use natural materials wherever and whenever possible! From cuttings of mistletoe or holly to runners of pine boughs down the dining table.
9. One of my fav Scandinavian traditions -- Hang a fresh Advent Wreath over your table.
10. Don't forget to add a bit of red!
Sheepskin is such a great place to park your buns on --soooo warm and cozy on cold winter nights.
Scenes of Christmas Splendorskonahem.com
Have you brought home your Christmas tree yet?
Be sure to follow the link above to see more of Per Breiehagen's amazing photos -- This cute lil kiddo with reindeer, polar bears, and even Santa in his sleigh! Absolutely magical!
Have a great day!