06 December 2011

I'm Dreaming of a Turquoise Christmas!

via Pinterest

Good morning! Are you already feeling a bit warm from this itty bitty glimpse of turquoise? If not you soon will be, because it is TURQUOISE FEVER day here at Beachrose Ramblings!  My favorite color EVER! It doesn't seem to matter if you combine it with white, silver, gold, lime green, orange, coral, or even pink because it works its magic every time! But I'm talking too much -- scroll down and see for yourself!  

Turquoise can be so glam...

 via PInterest

Turquoise does European rustic beautifully and goes coastal with ease.
loveofthesea.com
loveofthesea.com
 houseofturquoise.com


Turquoise goes Bohemian glam with flair!  How original is that monkey on top of that tree!


hgtv.com

I haven't made a gingerbread house yet this year, but this one is so inspiring  I just might whip out the old Kitchen Aid mixer!  Of course, if I had a kitchen like this one below -- designed by the super fabulous Tobi Fairley -- I would have already made the gingerbread house because I'd be looking for any reason to stay in this bit of turquoise gorgeousness!

houseofturquoise.com
houseofturquoise.com
via Pinterest


via Pinterest


DIY Project of the Day!

Take that old gold, silver, or whatever color tree topper you have.  Coat with adhesive spray and pour on the turquoise glitter. Don't be stingy either! You want to completely cover that tree topper in gorgeous sparkly glitter.  (Little Tip:  If you place the star in an old plastic container from your recycling bin (cut the top off an old  gallon jug) you won't lose the glitter that doesn't stick)

If you do this oh-so-easy project, make sure it's in a well-ventilated space and do yourself a favor, wear a mask!   Because, yes, this is both stinky and messsssy!  And if your preggers, forget about it -- those noxious fumes are bad for growing babies!  

Target.com
I had such a great day yesterday -- despite the rainy dreary weather. Helped with a few more DIY projects over at the Style Me Pretty office. I don't think I can reveal any details (they might have to kill me! LOL!) but suffice it to say that coat hangers, bottles, vases, glitter, gold paint and yarn in the minds of the brilliantly creative minds of the SMP crew were magically transformed into a glamorously chic wedding! It was incredibly interesting to work with the super stylish Erin at Style Me Pretty and super blogger at erineverafter.blogspot.com. I especially loved watching the photographers work their magic. I am so happy I got to be a tiny part of this amazing project! Super big thanks and hugs to the amazing Abby Larsen for including me!

Last night, one of my neighbors, Chris, held her annual Christmas Ornament Swap. It was so much fun to see familiar faces and meet new neighbors too.  There are so many amazing and interesting women in my neighborhood- wow! Thank you so much Chris for your wonderful hospitality! Did I really offer to host the Easter Egg Hunt? LOL! I'm blaming too much Christmas cheer! 

Have a wonderful day!

xoxo,

Millie



























No comments:

Post a Comment