12 November 2011

Monday: Nola's Nursery

Good Morning!  I hope everyone had a terrific weekend!  Last week, we spent the entire week looking at gorgeous nursery designs.  What a great way to welcome each special baby to this world!  As promised, here are some of the visual inspirations for Nola's nursery and a mood board that's still evolving --but showing some of the ideas and things we hope to incorporate in the final design. 


First, our color inspirations - lilac, lavender, orchid, bits of grey and tons of white.





Serena & Lilly Presidio Glider


  .                                                     


The final version is subject to change of course, but at this point, we hope to paint (Sherwin-Williams)  a focal wall in a mid-tone dusty lavender with some sort of stencil design like the Circling Allover pattern from Royal Design Studio, using the lighter and deeper tones. I've already created a two tiered mobile of white butterflies similar to the orb shown above from etsy.com (I made it from card stock, fishing line and 2 embroidery hoops -- easy peasy!) A white Oeuf classic crib with organic white linens.  Btw, why did crib bumpers get dumped? :( 
We plan on getting white drapes and sewing on  pom-pom trim in sweet wisteria from the cutest online shop, sugarpinkboutique.  Dreaming of a white glider with lavender trim from Serena and Lily, the sweetest little lavender gingham fabric from FabricDirect to make a changing table cover and toss pillow.  I also intend to try my hand at crocheting an ombre blanket in shades of silver to grey for the crib like one I saw on Pinterest.  Maybe, my Mom will take pity on me and make it! I hope you're reading this Mom!



We also have plans for art work, shelves, and other goodies, but that will have to wait for another day! So be patient!  By the way dear reader, I hope your day is terrific!  If you live in New England, we are in for a rare treat - high 60's in November!  I guess I'll have to finish fall cleanup today -- no excuses! 

xoxo,
Millie


I just found these! Check out these lilac lollipop lights. Aren't they just the cutest to light up the nursery?

No comments:

Post a Comment