24 October 2011

A Monday Treat: Turquoise




Good Monday Morning!  I'm glad to be back blogging today!  If you were wondering why I missed blogging at the end of last week, I have a confession to make.  I am the clumsiest person alive! Seriously. Even the ballet classes my Mom made me take as a kid couldn't cure my clumsiness! No I'm not bragging, just stating a rather sad fact about me. Recently I fell down a few granite steps injuring my shoulder--not to mention my knees! Since I fall so frequently, I waited (as usual) for the newest injury to heal, but this time it kept getting worse instead of better. When it hurt too much to even blog I knew I had to do something.  A couple of trips to the chiropractor and now I am on the mend!  But, I digress...  I am so excited to share these incredibly beautiful spaces with you today.

 cotedetexas.blogspot.com

Besides white, my favorite color just has to be turquoise.  It reminds me of ocean waves, summer skies, and my favorite swimsuit!  If you are like me and just can't get enough of this amazing color, check out the super pretty blog, House of Turquoise. (okay Blogger, why won't this link show up in turquoise?) Erin searches for the most beautiful designs in turquoise you can imagine! And while Pantone may have named turquoise its color of the year way back in 2010, this fab shade will always have a special place in my heart! :)


fubiz.net
vixswimwear.com

 houseofturquoise.com
ourdreamlives.wordpress.com


atlantahomemag.com
 houseofturquoise.com
 houseofturquoise.com
thedecorologist.com
I love the irridescent penny rounds -- so pretty!  And, how about these crackle glazed tiles? Yum!


cococozy.com
housedesignbuzz.com
Just a pop of this fabulous color will dazzle your spaces!
insideavenue.blogspot.com
houseofturquoise.com
Paired with citron
livewellinteriors.wordpress.com

materialgirlsblog.com

Love the splash made by these pink flowers!
Or, why not pair two bold colors by adding bits of red?
cococozy.com
Turquoise is unforgettable when paired with orange...
designbabylon-interiors.com
thelennoxx.com
 houseofturquoise.com
elledecor.com
imaginedesignblog.com
fafifu.com
corearchitect.co.uk
creativehomeidea.com

litnon.com

Why not paint a single wall in turquoise?



Or go all out and paint a whole room?


Or the floors?
Too much?  How about turquoise textiles?

Okay, if you are still color shy, you could start with a great accent like this Turquoise Fern Lumber Pillow from Kelly Wearstler.  


Or just paint the inside of a cabinet for a burst of gorgeousness every time you open it!



Have a great day!
xoxo,
Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment