What is the first impression guests have when entering your home?
What does your foyer say about you? Does it ooze girly glam from the front door to the rock crystal heart-stopping chandelier? If your entry screams over -the- top funky decorista, or alway hip, trend-setting super diva, then you can skip this post - or just enjoy the scenery! If, on the other hand, your foyer suffers a case of the design doldrums and is just a place to pass through quickly on your way to the kitchen, then Beachrose Ramblings is here to help you fix that with some easy steps to foyer perfection. What does your foyer reveal about you and your home? This foyer says the fun is only beginning!
1. A center table says you are the star attraction of your home and probably your neighborhood because you are always busy, civic minded, on this committee and that committee -- basically in the center of everything in your community. Keep fresh flowers or a gorgeous plant on it. Always. A stack of books is nice too.
Windsor Smith design via Pinterest
2. Is there a stunning chandelier in your foyer? I hope so!! It's the jewelry of foyers! Lighting is essential to a beautiful and welcoming entry.
3. Paneled walls set a neutral, formal, and timeless backdrop to your furnishings
Horizontal paneling sets a more informal and welcoming atmosphere as does the white washed pecky cyprus below
4. A console table with a rectangular mirror is always a perfect choice in a foyer. Seeking a timeless look? Pair it with neutrals for a traditional "I want to play it safe look" (otherwise known as the I can't afford to paint the hallway every year to meet Pantone's color of the year!) Then you can add small pops of color to keep the space hip. This year, add Tangerine Tango. Next year? Who knows!
Or, if you want to be more daring add pops of dazzling color and graphics to energize the space to say HELLO to family and friends in a big way.
5. Add something living - preferably a plant and not your son's hamster!
You can combine your console with a round mirror: this shows you are adventurous and won't be boxed in by tradition, yet are charming and gregarious.
7. Upholstered Seating: Comfort rules in your home. Foyer seating says come on in and stay a while. You insist on the best for your family and friends. You've even thought of a place to sit while putting on your shoes. Your family, friends and guests always feel relaxed, comfortable, and welcome in your inviting home.
8. A dynamite piece of art or spectacular wallpaper: says you are fearless when it comes to decorating your home. You live an adventurous life filled with energy and pizzaz. Your friends are always inspired by you, your home's interiors, and by the busy, exciting life you lead.
|West Grand Hall – Wendy Schwartz -- watercolor walls|
9. Neutral Simplicity Your home is unpretentious, warm and welcoming, just like you. Friends never want to leave and feel at home due to the warmth and charm of your personality.
10. Wooden benches say welcome, have a seat! You adore simplicity, are practical and practice utilitarianism. Form follows function. Of course, you accomplish your goals with grace and style!
13. Put a bit of YOU in the foyer: Show off your interests, your collections, favorite colors, etc. and set the style and tone for the rest of your home.
But, the most important thing you can put in your foyer decor, as in everything else in your home, is plenty of love, warmth, and welcome for everyone who enters!
Have an awesome day today!
And now, your daily dose of Nola!
She sure does love that binky!!