09 October 2013

Can Couples Compromise In the Bedroom? And A Very Special Welcome!


For those couples who quarrel over boudoir design decisions the perfect color compromise for marital bliss is found in combining indigo blue and white with lots of gold and a jolt of bright pink.  The painting above the bed is pure genius and makes the room for me.  It's spots of deep blue are masculine; yet calming and restful; like a pool of ink it outlines the pillow shams and is the perfect foil to that playful swatch of sassy pink fabric covering the ottoman.  I think it strikes the perfect note of color in the room. The shapely curves of the upholstered headboard and footboard add to the feminine allure and seductive charm of this design.  Meanwhile, the repetition of gilding in the room is perfection itself underscoring the ottoman's cabriole leg.  The symmetry of the matching indigo lamps are orderly and masculine as is the rectangular shape of the night stands with a feminine gilded edge.  This bedroom is a fantastic example of how couples CAN compromise on design decisions leading to to a fabulous collaboration.

On a personal note, I have great news.  We have welcomed a new baby boy, Decker, into my daughter's growing family.  



We are, overwhelmingly, a gaggle of girls here; a long line of strong, determined matriarchs have ruled, or sought to rule the roost.  So when I finally got to hold this little bundle of boy for the first time, I was over-whelmed and sobbed with joy at his arrival. I will spare you that photo!




He is so calm, sweet and alert.  I know my dad, the baby whisperer, would have been as thrilled to welcome Decker as he was to hold Nola.  But, I figure they already met in heaven... 





Wishing you bundles of joy today!

xoxo,

Millie

Bedroom Photo via Pinterest- original source unknown; other photos by Beachrose Ramblings

No comments:

Post a Comment