02 January 2013

Covetus Kitchenus

countrycalling.tumblr.com

I totally love kitchens. I mean ALL kinds of kitchens.  Really. I have the dreaded, absolutely untreatable, and seriously terminal disease, covetus kitchenus

 cote de texas

If you, dear reader, also suffer from this disease then you will love this post.  So grab a fresh cup of java, tea, or cocoa and get comfy.

dustjacketattic.blogspot.com.au

While I personally adore the charm of a unique  deconstructed kitchen space to the purely utilitarian spaces that are uber functional, I still drool over those austere kitchens. Secretly though I wonder where the owners hide all their appliances, kitchen tools, and well, stuff!

 houseandhome.com

In fact, if I could collect kitchens and miniaturize them to display like dioramas on a shelf, you know like Candy Torring's obsession with her infamous doll room? I really would! 

hookedonhouses.net

Oh yeah, it's that bad!  And I'd bore my friends - you know, we all have them, the ones who could give a s*@t about interior design (never mind, kitchen design)- to death with stories of new kitchens in my collection. 

plainenglishdesign.co.uk

Well, thank goodness for Pinterest because it's    kinda like having Candy Spelling's doll room to collect and organize all of your favorite kitchens in.  Then you can take them out to look at whenever you want. 


pinterest.com/millies/kitchen-love-fest

Today, I want to look at the coziest kitchens that share a common feature:


Best of all, you can get this look in your own kitchen.  You don't have to have a big farmhouse sink to skirt, a typical suburban kitchen can get this look just as easily with a wrought iron rod attached to your cabinet like the cabinet above on the left and below on the right.



Of course, a ji-normous farmhouse sink is just spectacular skirted!






I love the scalloped trim on these two sinks below




Want to see more?  Just follow this link for more photos and sources.  

Have a great day today!  

xoxo,

Millie






No comments:

Post a Comment