01 March 2012

Local Design Star: Jill Goldberg of Hudson Interiors


Hudson Wellseley, boston.com
The chic New England designer, Jill Golberg, principal of Hudson Interiors, and proprieteress ( I don't know if its a word or not, but it SHOULD be!) of the uber hip design shop, Hudson Boston (check out its South End store at 12 Union Park Street, 617-292-0900, or shop online at hudson-boston.com.)  is our obsession today here at Beachrose Ramblings.


The designer was featured in the The Next Wave series of House Beautiful in their February 2012 issue.  And, may I say, no wonder!  It's clear by looking at either her stylish shop or ever expanding portfolio that she combines the best of classic New England charm with a clean modern vibe.  Jill uses a lot of really fabulous wallpaper too!  And I do mean a lot!! From ever gorgeous, get your neutral on, grasscloth walls to modern overscaled and graphic damasks in soft hues, to the tried and truly indulgent (please, oh please, just one roll, in my next life!) de Gournay, Jill is definitely a wallpaper connoisseur

I love how she effortlessly combines vintage finds into her modern interiors for a look that is clean, classic and elegant yet still comfortable and welcoming too. Traditional, timeless and still hip rooms for real people to live in.  What an inspiring idea!







I have absolutely got to know who makes this stunning wallpaper!! 
 If you know, e-mail me pretty PLEASE!





Jill is the super-mom of two and crazy busy!  She recently combined her two shops;  Hudson of Wellsley and Hudson Boston in a new larger space in the South End.  So stop by and visit the shop, or check it out online - I think you'll love her design work!



By the way, baby Nola is cuter by the minute -- not that I'm biased or anything!!


Have a great day!!

xoxo,

Millie








all photos except the first (stylelist.com)  are via hudsoninteriordesigns.com/

2 comments:

  1. I Love Hudson! I lived in Wellesley Center for 2 years and would poke in to get inspired for my own store. While we are a bit more shabby chic, I always admired her simple, clean look and was very happy to see her in House Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Hudson is filled with great ideas for styling your shop! I just love it when someone local gets noticed by the national media. I just realized we are practically neighbors, so I'll have to drive up to The Purple Rose on Main Street in Northboro muy pronto for a visit!! xo

    ReplyDelete